Part Number : RTL2832, RTL2832U
Function : DVB-T COFDM Demodulator + USB 2.0
Package : QFN 48Pin
Manufacturers : Realtek
There is a non-public datasheet.
The RTL2832U is a high-performance DVB-T COFDM demodulator that supports a USB 2.0 interface. The RTL2832U complies with NorDig Unified 1.0.3, D-Book 5.0, and EN300 744 (ETSI Specification). It supports 2K or 8K mode with 6, 7, and 8MHz bandwidth. Modulation parameters, e.g., code rate, and guard interval, are automatically detected.
The RTL2832U supports tuners at IF (Intermediate Frequency, 36.125MHz), low-IF (4.57MHz), or Zero-IF output using a 28.8MHz crystal, and includes FM/DAB/DAB+ Radio Support. Embedded with an advanced ADC (Analog-to-Digital Converter), the RTL2832U features high stability in portable reception.
The state-of-the-art RTL2832U features Realtek proprietary algorithms (patent-pending), including superior channel estimation, co-channel interface rejection, long echo channel reception, and impulse noise cancellation, and provides an ideal solution for a wide range of applications for PC-TV, such as USB dongle and MiniCard/USB, and embedded system via USB interface.
Official Homepage : http://www.realtek.com.tw/
Using DVB-T/DAB RTL2832 based USB receiver with HDSDR
– DVB-T/DAB USB dongle with Realtek RTL2832 chipset
– PC with Dual Core CPU, Soundcard, one free USB 2.0 port Software requirements:
– Microsoft Windows XP or newer, latest Service Pack required!!! (XP=SP3, Vista=SP2, Win7=SP1)
– HDSDR 2.70 or newer (SDR Software application)
– ExtIO_RTL2832.dll (hardware specific DLL)
– Zadig (device driver installer)